The Columbia Institute’s Centre for Civic Governance held its annual Centre for Civic Governance Forum in Harrison Hot Springs from Friday, March 29 to Saturday, March 30. The theme of the 2019 event was “High Ground: Rising to the Challenge.”
Program: Click here
Photos: Click here.
Videos: Click here.
Poverty Reduction and Income Inequality in BC
- Iglika Ivanova – Tackling Poverty and Inequality
- Adrienne Montani – First Call Poverty Report Card
Child Care: Next Steps in Growing the Public System
- Minister Katrina Chen – Child Care BC
- Sharon Gregson – $10aDay Child Care Plan
Planning for BC’s Natural Hazards
- Richard Boase – Planning for BC’s Natural Hazards
Leveraging Research and Digital Technology to Increase Citizen Engagement
We’ve had the Katowice Climate Talks, Now What?
- Catherine Abreu – The Paris Agreement and Canadian Municipalities
- Christine Boyle – Climate Emergency
- Amy Lubik – Climate Action Planning
The Opioid Crisis: What You Need to Know
- Mary Clare Zak – Working in Partnership on the Overdose Crisis
Jobs for Tomorrow and Net Zero Emissions
- Micah Lang – Retrofits, Green Jobs & Responding to the Climate Emergency
- George Benson – Green Economy
- Laurel Burton – Household Food Insecurity
- Gaetan Royer – Budgeting 101